Mountain Country Cabin Rentals uses the Vacation Rental Agreement under the North Carolina Vacation Rental Act. This will be emailed or mailed to you when the reservation is confirmed. The Rental Agreement must be signed and given back to Mountain Country Cabin Rentals two weeks prior to arrival date along with a Credit Card Authorization Form and a copy of your driver’s license is required. We DO NOT rent to anyone under the age of 25 – no exceptions.
Upon reserving a cabin, you will be subject to cleaning fees, reservation fees and NC local and state taxes (11%).
Also, we now offer Vacation Rental Damage Insurance for $45.
VACATION RENTAL DAMAGE PROTECTION
The Vacation Rental Damage plan covers unintentional damages to the rental unit interior that occur during your stay, provided they are disclosed to management prior to Check -Out. The policy will pay a maximum benefit of $1,500. Any damages that exceed $1,500 will be charged to your credit card on file. If you damage the real or personal property assigned to your rental accommodation during this trip, the Insurer will reimburse the cost of repair or replacement of the property, up to $1,500. Certain terms and conditions apply. Full details of the Vacation Rental Damage coverage are contained in the Description of Coverage or Insurance Policy (www.vacationrentalinsurance.com/g20vrd). The Vacation Rental Damage an be purchased up to, and including at, check in. By submitting payment for this plan, you authorize and request CSA Travel Protection and Insurance Services to pay directly Mountain Country Cabin Rentals any amount payable under the terms and conditions of the Vacation Rental Damage. Please contact Mountain Country Cabin Rentals directly if you do not wish to participate in this plan or assignment.
CSA VACATION RENTAL INSURANCE – GUEST PROTECT PLAN
CSA Vacation Rental Insurance has been offered with your reservation. Vacation Rental Insurance reimburses for pre-paid, non-refundable expenses due to certain unforeseeable circumstances that may jeopardize your vacation and force you to incur unplanned expenses. We strongly recommend you purchase this valuable protection. View a description of Coverage/Policy at www.vacationrentalinsurance.com/330cert.
- Check In is after 2:00pm. If you arrive after 5:00pm the “welcome packet” which includes map to cabin, info on cabin and area will be placed outside our main entrance in the Late Arrivals Box. The key for the cabin will be placed in the Lockbox. A code will be given to you for the lockbox.
- Check Out is at 10:00am. Keys to the cabin must be brought back to MCCR office.
- All cabins are non-smoking
- Pets are not permitted unless prior approval has been arranged with a $50.00 per pet fee added.
- Renter Age. We will not rent to vacationing students under 25 years of age, unless accompanied by adult guardian or parent.
- Payment. A credit card is required to book a reservation. For any reservations booked less than 30 days prior to checkin date, full reservation amount is due. If booked 30 or more days prior to check-in, $200 deposit is required. Checks are accepted if the reservation is a future date greater than 30 days prior to arrival. Checks may be made to Mountain Country Cabin Rentals.
- Cancellations. Cancellations must be made two weeks prior to arrival. If cancelled less than two weeks prior to arrival, no refund will be issued. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- There is no daily maid service. While linens and bath towels are included in the cabin, daily maid service is not included in the rate. BUT can be provided at an additional charge. No towels or linens are to be taken from the cabins.
- Laundry. We ask upon your departure to start a load of laundry.
- Dishwasher. Put all dishes in dishwasher and start before you depart
- Trash. Gather all trash and take to garbage disposal or dumpster site. Directions to these sites will be in your Welcome Packet that you receive upon arrival. If you choose not to take your trash, we ask that you leave $15 at the cabin for the cleaning crew.
- Rates. Rates are subject to change without notice.
- Hot Tubs. No children under the age of 12 are permitted in hot tubs at any time. When using the hot tubs remember there is a certain risk associated with the facility. Use at your own risk. Hot Tub covers are for insulation purposes and are not designed to support a person or persons. DO NOT stand on the hot tub covers – they wll break and you may be charged for replacement.
- Storm Policy/Road Conditions. No refunds will be given for storms. Mountain roads can be curvy and steep. Gravel drives are well maintained, however we recommend four wheel drive or chains during the snow months. We do not refund due to road conditions.
- Fireplaces. DO NOT roast mashmallows, hot dogs, or make Smores in the gas log fireplaces. Only operational from October 1st to April 1st
- Firewood. The renter will pay for firewood for wood burning fireplaces inside the cabin and/or firepits outside the cabin.
- All cabins are privately owned. The homeowners or MCCR are not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occurs while on the premises or its facilities. The homeowners or MCCR are not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the guests.