Mountain Country Cabin Rentals uses the Vacation Rental Agreement under the North Carolina Vacation Rental Act. This will be emailed or mailed to you when the reservation is confirmed. The Rental Agreement must be signed and given back to Mountain Country Cabin Rentals two weeks prior to arrival date along with a Credit Card Authorization Form and a copy of your driver’s license is required. We DO NOT rent to anyone under the age of 25 – no exceptions.
Upon reserving a cabin, you will be subject to cleaning fees, reservation fees and NC local and state taxes (11%).
Also, we now offer Vacation Rental Damage Insurance for $45.
MCCR makes every effort to ensure WiFI Internet, TV Service and Cell Phone services are available to our guests – where it is offered, however these services are not guaranteed. We cannot give refunds if issues should arise with Wifi Internet, Cell Phone Service and TV performance issues.
VACATION RENTAL DAMAGE PROTECTION
The Vacation Rental Damage Protection covers unintentional damages to the rental unit interior that occur during your stay, provided they are disclosed to management prior to Check -Out. The policy will pay a maximum benefit of $1,500. Any damages that exceed $1,500 will be charged to your credit card on file. If you damage the real or personal property assigned to your rental accommodation during this trip, the Insurer will reimburse the cost of repair or replacement of the property, up to $1,500. Certain terms and conditions apply. Click Here for more information. Details of the Vacation Rental Damage Protection are contained in the Description of Coverage or Insurance Policy. The Vacation Rental Damage Protection can be purchased up to, and including at, check in. By submitting payment for this plan, you authorize and request Generali Global Assistance (formerly CSA Travel Protection and Insurance Services) to pay directly Mountain Country Cabin Rentals any amount payable under the terms and conditions of the Vacation Rental Damage. Please contact Mountain Country Cabin Rentals directly if you do not wish to participate in this plan or assignment.
The Deposit Protection is available at time of booking and guarantees a full refund, less the cost of the protection fee plus tax, up to 30 days prior to your arrival. **Re-booked/Rescheduled reservations are not eligible for refunds**. Inside of 30 days of your arrival, deposit protection will allow you a one-time use to re-book your stay within 12 months of your original dates, in the original property booked with 100% credit applied, less the cost of the Deposit Protection plus tax, up to 10 days prior to your scheduled arrival. Inside of 10 days prior to your arrival there is a strict no refund/no reschedule policy. **New dates for Rebooked/Rescheduled reservations must be selected within 30 days**. **Rebooked/Rescheduled reservations are subject to any rate changes for the new dates selected**. Without the purchase of Deposit Protection, there is a strict no refund/no reschedule policy. There are NO REFUNDS FOR EARLY DEPARTURES OR NO SHOWS. If you have ANY concerns regarding the possibility of canceling or rescheduling for ANY reason, including but not limited to illness, accidents, family emergencies, Acts of God and/or Force Majeure, pandemics, the impracticability of performance, federal, state or local travel restrictions, etc.. In that case, we strongly encourage you to get Deposit Protection to protect you against ANY and ALL unforeseen events you would need to cancel or reschedule.
- Check In is after 4:00pm EST. If you arrive after 5:00pm the “Welcome Packet” which includes a map to cabin, info on cabin and area will be placed outside our main entrance on the Left side of the building in the Late Arrivals Box. The key for the cabin will be placed in the Lockbox. A code will be given to you for the lockbox.
- Check Out is at 10:00am EST. Keys are to be returned to the MCCR office when you depart the cabin.
- All cabins are non-smoking. Smoking and/or Vaping are NOT permitted inside of the cabin. If you must, please do so outside and dispose of any debris properly (do not throw on the ground).
- Illegal drugs of any kind are prohibited. This includes inside and/or outside of the cabin.
- Pets are not permitted unless prior approval has been arranged with a $50.00 per pet fee added to the reservation.
- Renter Age. We will not rent to vacationing students under 25 years of age, unless accompanied by adult guardian or parent.
- Payment. A credit card to hold the reservation is required along with $200.00. Balance may be paid when the reservation is made by credit card OR preferably a check made payable to Mountain Country Cabin Rentals, with the full rental amount due 30 days prior to the arrival date.
- Cancellations. There are not refunds for cancellations, unless made in the time frame allotted.
- There is no daily maid service.While linens and bath towels are included in the cabin, daily maid service is not included in the rate. BUT can be provided at an additional charge. No towels or linens are to be taken from the cabins.
- Laundry. We ask upon your departure to start a load of laundry.
- Dishwasher. Put all dishes in dishwasher and start before you depart.
- Trash. Trash pickup is available at each cabin. When checking out, please gather all trash, bag it and put in the trash can(s) for trash pickup.
- Rates. Rates are subject to change without notice.
- Hot Tubs. No children under the age of 12 are permitted in hot tubs at any time. When using the hot tub remember there is a certain risk associated with the facility. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK. Hot tub covers are for insulation purposes and are not designed to support a person or persons. DO NOT stand or sit on the hot tub covers – they will break and you may be charged for replacement. Please keep hot tub covers on when not in the hot tub. Please do not put any soap, detergent or any other forms of household cleaner into hot tub.
- Storm Policy/Road Conditions. No refunds will be given for storms. Mountain roads can be curvy and steep. Gravel drives are well maintained, however we recommend four-wheel drive or chains during the snow months. We do not refund due to road conditions.
- Fireplaces.Only operational from October 1st to April 1st. DO NOT roast marshmallows, hot dogs, make S’mores or cook any other food in the gas log fireplaces. Use the fire pit outside if the cabin offers one.
- Firewood. The renter will pay for firewood for wood burning fireplaces inside the cabin and/or fire pits outside the cabin.
- Grills. After using Gas or Charcoal grills, please scrape clean while still warm/hot as a courtesy to the next guest use.
- All cabins are privately owned.The homeowners or MCCR are not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occurs while on the premises or its facilities. The homeowners or MCCR are not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the guests.